Freshman Leadership Program
It is the goal of the Freshman Leadership Program to create an inclusive and enjoyable environment that prepares the next generation of leaders on the campus of West Virginia University by promoting:
- Courage to step outside
their comfort zone
- Cooperation with peers
- Personal growth
- Authentic leadership
- Community Engagement
- The true Mountaineer way!
By the end of the program, it is hoped that participants will be able to:
- Utilize their strengths and weaknesses to better lead
- Possess the confidence to lead on the WVU campus and beyond
- Look at the greater environment with a better sense of diversity
- Take on the role of a leader at WVU, in the community, and after their time as a WVU student so that they can lead (be a part of) change
***Please note that the Freshmen Leadership Program meetings occur weekly at 5:00pm beginning in the Spring. You must be able to attend weekly meetings to serve in this capacity.