First Year Leadership Program
It is the goal of the First Year Leadership Program to create an inclusive and enjoyable environment that prepares the next generation of leaders on the campus of West Virginia University. The program is designed to give you a hands on experience while enhancing your Leadership skills.
The Program focuses on these specific topics:
As a student learner, you will:
- Discover what type of leader you are and your leadership style
- Enhance your leadership skills through varies workshops and hands on activities
- Work in groups on a Service Project
- Gain knowledge on different campus resources
- Learn effective ways to market yourself
- Develop meaningful relationships with other peers and staff
- Build your brand
- Be assigned a upperclassman mentor throughout the academic year.