It is the goal of the First Year Leadership Academy to create an inclusive
and enjoyable environment that prepares the next generation of leaders on the
campus of West Virginia University. The Academy is designed to give you
a hands on experience while enhancing your Leadership skills.
The Academy focuses on these specific topics:
E-Exposure ( Career Services)
D-Diversity ( Diversity Equity and Inclusion)
S-Service ( Service and Learning)
H-Humility ( Service and Learning)
I -Int egrity/Values
P-Power/Perseverance ( Student Government Association)
As a student learner, you will:
- Discover what type of leader you are and your leadership style
- Enhance your leadership skills through varies workshops and hands on activities
- Work in groups on a Service Project
- Gain knowledge on different campus resources
- Learn effective ways to market yourself
- Develop meaningful relationships with other peers and staff
- Build your brand
- Be assigned an upperclassman mentor throughout the academic year.
Any questions? Please contact Javier McCoy, Javier.McCoy@mail.wvu.edu.