SOLD is a series of workshops, trainings, and seminars to assist student organization leaders and members develop knowledge and skills as organizational leaders. This series promotes integrity, accountability, respect, and positive experiences through student involvement.
Current and aspiring student leaders will learn more about student organization leadership and have the opportunity to connect with other leaders to share ideas and foster collaboration.
Get a jump-start on Re-registration! Join us for the 2024 SOLD Retreat on Friday, April 12, 2024 from 3-7 pm in the Mountainlair Ballrooms to check-off all required officer trainings for the 2024-2025 Registration process.
RSVP on WVUEngage to attend!
View the 2023 SOLD Retreat Itinerary.
These workshops will provide student organization members with a way to engage in leadership development, have fun during team-building activities, and learn strategies to ensure an organization's success!
The SOLD Workshop Series is designed for any student seeking to develop their individual leadership capabilities and for students who currently or aspire to hold a leadership position within a student organization, however, students looking to become officers in the future can benefit as well.
SOLD workshops may be offered sporadically throughout the academic semester and are available to individual organizations upon request.
There are a variety of workshops to pick from or you may work with Student Engagement and Leadership to create a new workshop that meets the unique needs of your student organization.
- Branding your Organization & Social Media Use - Offered by University Relations
- Event Planning & Goal Setting
- Explore Your Strengths - Offered by the Purpose Center
- First Amendment on Campus
- Hazing Prevention Advocacy Network - Offered by the Center for Fraternal Values and Leadership
- Love Languages
- Membership Recruitment & Retention
- Mental Health Resources - Offered by the Carruth Center
Networking & Collaborations
- Officer Transitions
- Professional Development - Offered by Career Services and/or potential employers
- True Colors
- WVUEngage 101